Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.89.2
Sign in to follow this  
lordbeau

Drop connection if VPN fails

I appreciate that there are ways to protect by disconnecting if the VPN service drops for some reason but they involve .bat files and a degree of know-how. Your biggest competitors just have a tick-box which will disconnect upon VPN fail and this means that there are times when I prefer using them.

I hope that encourages you into finding a more user-friendly way of protecting the connection in the even of VPN disconnect!

I note that competitors also have a "prevent DNS leaks" box in their settings though I'm too dense to know what that really involves (but i tick it).

Hello,

as we said this feature will be implemented on the next client version. We're very near to a first alpha-release.

Under a technical and security point of view it's a bad defect, not a good thing, that you must rely on a proprietary software from the same provider of the VPN service you use. You should always be able to choose to connect to a service with some software that does not come from the service provider itself. It's also not true that you need script files to prevent leaks, you can just use one (ONE) command that you can issue in 2 seconds or configure carefully firewall rules (which is a task that has some very important, good side effects on your network know-how).

Kind regards