Not connected, Your IP: 3.88.211.227

Hello,

I am new to VPN's even though they have been around awhile. Privacy concerns have gotten me interested in them. At the same time I am learning about VPN's, the fairly new IPv6 protocol is slowly being implemented. I know very little of this. Is it possible to have IPv6 route through the VPN in addition to the IPv4 protocol? From what I have researched so far, it does not seem possible on a Windows system. Am I correct in assuming this is not possible with the AirVPN client or OpenVPN? Is this a privacy risk and, if so, is there a workaround? Please have patience with me as I am trying to learn. Thanks...

Best regards,

puff

As far as I know AirVPN doesn't support IPv6 natively. Searched the forums for IPv6, found this post from September 2012 by Staff. Should be up-to-date.

If there's no native implementation of IPv6 the industry uses IPv6 over IPv4, known as Teredo. I don't know whether OpenVPN supports IPv6 natively but Teredo shouldn't be a problem.

And my argument regarding privacy is: IPv6 is the privacy risk itself. I read a few articles years ago about possibilities of IPv6 and I found it quite "infringing"... hmm, well, comparable to the MAC address, every network card can have it's own IP address and this could be a privacy risk, I think. I don't know if things changed now.
I like IPv4 more because it's way shorter and simpler to memorize.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Anyone know if the Teredo protocol contains the mac address? I was searching around but it's hard to find a clear answer on that.