Not connected, Your IP: 3.89.163.120

Hi everyone, I'm new to VPN and needed it because I have received a friendly note from my isp about the torrents I downloaded, plus that I wanted to watch programs on UK tv channels (I live in Germany). The BBC iPlayer and Sky Go etc work beautifully; if I download a show from the BBC I get 1.5 - 3 mbs, perfect. However, I barely get 500kbs on uTorrent (and this fluctuates up and down) compared to the 3 - 3.5 mbs i get when AirVPN is switched off. 

I have read the forum for hours and have found no solution that works e.g. port forwarding, disabling my windows firewall, etc I am running Windows 7 64bit using windows firewall and have a Fritzbox 7390 as a router connected by cable. Is it possible, for a network/VPN numpty as myself to have an absolute "How to" on getting the best configuration for a windows system using uTorrent.  

Below if it helps, is a shortened copy of my log whilst utorrent is running. 

My LOG

08/01/2014 - 16:01 Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: bad packet ID (may be a replay): [ #95280 ] -- see the man page entry for --no-replay and --replay-window for more info or silence this warning with --mute-replay-warnings
08/01/2014 - 16:01 Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: bad packet ID (may be a replay): [ #95284 ] -- see the man page entry for --no-replay and --replay-window for more info or silence this warning with --mute-replay-warnings
08/01/2014 - 16:01 Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: bad packet ID (may be a replay): [ #95291 ] -- see the man page entry for --no-replay and --replay-window for more info or silence this warning with --mute-replay-warnings
08/01/2014 - 16:01 Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: bad packet ID (may be a replay): [ #95292 ] -- see the man page entry for --no-replay and --replay-window for more info or silence this warning with --mute-replay-warnings
08/01/2014 - 16:01 Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: bad packet ID (may be a replay): [ #95293 ] -- see the man page entry for --no-replay and --replay-window for more info or silence this warning with --mute-replay-warnings
08/01/2014 - 16:01 Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: bad packet ID (may be a replay): [ #95295 ] -- see the man page entry for --no-replay and --replay-window for more info or silence this warning with --mute-replay-warnings
08/01/2014 - 16:01 Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: bad packet ID (may be a replay): [ #95324 ] -- see the man page entry for --no-replay and --replay-window for more info or silence this warning with --mute-replay-warnings
08/01/2014 - 16:01 Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: bad packet ID (may be a replay): [ #95325 ] -- see the man page entry for --no-replay and --replay-window for more info or silence this warning with --mute-replay-warnings

Hi nachbar to you too

My ISP is Neckar com and they are usually pretty lax, it's just that I have been downloading a lot of films lately. Yes, I have tried a number of ports, not sure which protocols you're on about though and they all have the same result. I've also tried a number of servers around the world to the same effect.

The first thing you might want to try is to change UDP, TCP. For whatever reason my uTorrent maxes out at 1.2 MB/s when I am connected UDP. If I change and connect with TCP it maxes at my ISP max which is about 2.2 MB/s so its a huge difference. It also doesnt matter which USA server IP I am using or the port 443 or 53, only changing from UDP to TCP. Might be something with my ISP who knows. I also use comodo firewall and windows 7.

nah. it's probably not a problem of tcp or udp.

(but tcp can fix this, because there are more header-informations send)

the speed problem occures because of the exact problem you have posted there.

It will send/receive the same package multiple times.

you can try to play around with the no-replay, replay-window parameters and look what's happening - to get rid of it - though you can have some defect packages.

Also look here: https://airvpn.org/topic/10817-continuous-authenticatedecrypt-packet-error-when-connected/

I have solved the error above by changing to tcp as suggested sysop82 and have a working port, but my downloads are still half what they should be.   Would it help if I set connections in uTorrent to a proxy server? If so, what do I write in the "proxy box" in other words what info do I fill in?

Yep I get this too when using Vuze.   I am usually on Thabit because it has the best speeds.  I can change to TCP and it remains stable but it cuts my speed in half from UDP.  Maybe Comcast....I guess.