Not connected, Your IP: 54.242.22.247
Kubr1ck

big issue "already connected"

HI,

i just bought an airvpn.

the  1st time in it was perfect.

but i just restart my computer, turn on the airvpn client. and it's says (the 1st time) failed to start.

then i stop it and re laucnh the client, and it says :already connected.

but i was NOT connected... (i can see my ip on the web.)

i relaunch my computer, and again, but now, no more fail to start, just directly "already connected"

and same problem..

what can i do?

thanks !

Hello!

Please send us at your convenience the Air client logs taken just after the problem occurs: right-click on the Air tray icon, select "Logs", click "Copy to clipboard" and paste into your message.

Kind regards

21/12/2013 - 12:22    AirVPN client version: 1,9    
21/12/2013 - 12:22    Reading options from C:\Users\S\AppData\Roaming\AirVPN\Air\1.0.0.0\AirVPN.xml    
21/12/2013 - 12:22    OpenVPN bundle version: OpenVPN 2.3.2    
21/12/2013 - 12:22    OpenVPN current version: OpenVPN 2.3.2    
21/12/2013 - 12:22    Login...    
21/12/2013 - 12:22    Already connected.    
21/12/2013 - 12:22    Login...    
21/12/2013 - 12:22    Already connected.   

@magpies1

Hello,

your account is really connected to some VPN server and exchanging data since before you wrote the message, can you please check?

Kind regards

Hi,

i checked my IP and i'm definately not connected, even when i look at the home page of https://airvpn.org/ it says not connected at the bottom, I8 tried shutting down my computer completely then restarting and try connecting to air vpn again and it still says already connected. please help

thanks paul

sorry but when i connect now it's agin saying already connected, i have checked and i'm definately not connected. Why is it doing this off and on? Can this issue be resolved please

thanks

Posted ... (edited)

Maybe it helps to activate the API and check through a specifically crafted link if there is a connection.

If you try a link like https://airvpn.org/api/?service=userinfo&format=web&key=[your-api-key] it shows you some useful info about your account and also whether you are connected or not.

Edited ... by gigan3rd

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

@magpies1

Each time we check (just like now) we see your account REALLY connected and REALLY exchanging data (even at a good, sustained rate).

On your control panel, however, you can also see this:

Last attempted connection failed 6h 55m 21s ago.

Reason: Already logged on 'some server'.

Now, 6h55m ago your account was already connected (to the same server you continued to try to connect to with the same account) and exchanging data.

Please keep in mind the one concurrent connection is allowed from the same account. Please also make sure that you're not running multiple OpenVPN instances.

Kind regards

I also saw this error off and on the last few days.  It's been fine today.  Even task manager would show that no airvpn app or process was running when I got the error.  Was not pleased when it kicked me out mid-session with that error and could not reconnect for a while.  Just an FYI that magpies isn't the only one seeing this issue.

Yeah it's strange it seems to be working again now but it has been happening on and off for a few days now. Hopefully going forward its ok.

Well this happened to me again sometime yesterday.  This morning I was trying to remote in to my desktop from another location and was unable to do so.  This is because I have my firewall setup to drop internet connections if it isn't connected via airvpn.  This has worked well enough for me.  Out of the blue my connection is lost saying that I am already connected to a server.  I can assure you that this is not the case.  I only use the vpn on the one machine.  This has happened a few times now over the past couple of weeks.  

I was able to spend some time comparing the airvpn client log against my logmein log.  I was connecting to my desktop (airvpn) from another remote pc (using logmein).  I ended the logmein session about the time that the airvpn client log starts showing:

1/6/2014 - 3:35 PM UDPv4 link local: [undef] 1/6/2014 - 3:35 PM UDPv4 link remote: [AF_INET]xxx.xxx.xx.xxx:443 1/6/2014 - 3:36 PM TLS: Initial packet from [AF_INET]xxx.xxx.xx.xxx:443, sid=nnnnnnnnnnnnnn 1/6/2014 - 3:36 PM TLS Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within 60 seconds (check your network connectivity) 1/6/2014 - 3:36 PM TLS Error: TLS handshake failed 1/6/2014 - 3:36 PM SIGUSR1[soft,tls-error] received, process restarting 1/6/2014 - 3:36 PM Restart pause, 2 second(s) 1/6/2014 - 3:37 PM NOTE: OpenVPN 2.1 requires '--script-security 2' or higher to call user-defined scripts or executables 1/6/2014 - 3:37 PM Socket Buffers: R=[8192->8192] S=[8192->8192]

This repeats for a while.  Then after about 10 minutes I see this:

1/6/2014 - 3:46 PM [server] Peer Connection Initiated with [AF_INET]xxx.xxx.xx.xxx:443 1/6/2014 - 3:46 PM SENT CONTROL [server]: 'PUSH_REQUEST' (status=1) 1/6/2014 - 3:46 PM SENT CONTROL [server]: 'PUSH_REQUEST' (status=1) 1/6/2014 - 3:46 PM SENT CONTROL [server]: 'PUSH_REQUEST' (status=1) 1/6/2014 - 3:46 PM AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED 1/6/2014 - 3:46 PM Authorization failed. Maybe you are connected from another machine?

It appears that the disconnect from logmein has somehow interfered with the airvpn client as well.  I use logmein regularly in this fashion so am not sure why the disruption this time and not other times.  Thoughts?

LogMeIn? I had some very bad experience with its config when using openvpn. Wouldn't recommend using both at the same time just to avoid unsolvable problems..

I don't have much choice.  RDP doesn't work from my work location.  Any other suggestions appreciated.

Hi,

Just to add to this topic, I tried to connect having just started my pc for the first time today and I also received the "already connected" error message.  Online I saw that I was connected to a Canadian server (I only connect via Amsterdam), and that I had been connected for six hours.  My pc hasn't been on for the last eighteen hours, and I only connect on this machine.

I think there's an issue!

Other than this the service is fantastic, and usually rock-solid.

Thanks.

Hi,

Just to add to this topic, I tried to connect having just started my pc for the first time today and I also received the "already connected" error message.  Online I saw that I was connected to a Canadian server (I only connect via Amsterdam), and that I had been connected for six hours.  My pc hasn't been on for the last eighteen hours, and I only connect on this machine.

I think there's an issue!

Other than this the service is fantastic, and usually rock-solid.

Thanks.

Maybe someone used your machine without your knowledge and quickly shut it down so that this happened:

Hello!

If your client disconnects without notifying the server (for example because the connection is suddenly lost) and OpenVPN is on UDP, there's no way that the server can know that the client disconnected. Therefore, the system will "release" the client only after the timeout. When you click the "Disconnect Now" button, the system executes the command even if the page does not refresh. After you issue the forced disconnection command by clicking the button, please allow 10 seconds and then re-try a connection. We see that your account is currently connected and successfully exchanging data, so we presume that the problem was solved before this reply, is it correct?

Kind regards

(Info from here)

Or someone has access to your private key. Or it's really a bug.

Hello,

just for readers' information and in order to close this topic, together with hogboy cooperation a support staff member detected the problem and solved it some hours ago. It was not a bug: the system was behaving correctly.

As a general recommendation to anyone (not specifically to hogboy) we remind you that you should not use the same password on different services and that you must not give to anyone your user.key. An adversary in possession of your user.key and the certificates can NOT decrypt your traffic flow (not even if he/she wiretaps your Internet line), BUT can connect to a VPN server with your account.

Also, please use passwords at least 12 characters long, randomly generated and not containing dictionary words in any language. Include in the password a random series of characters included in the ranges [a-z], [A-Z], [0-9]. Include at least 2 characters for each of those ranges.

As a final recommendation, do not use the same username you picked for other services in our web site.

Kind regards