Not connected, Your IP: 3.129.23.109
Sign in to follow this  
deanorocks

JonDo - VPN - TOR - WEB - To far?

Hello Guys.

I have just finished setting up JonDo to connect through the VPN which connects through TOR which goes to the internet. I tene use JonDofox to browse the interent

Is this setup any more secure than just VPN- TOR - INET?

I can see the traffic going through each stage successfully so the connection is working as it should but does this actually add another layer of security or does it compromise?

Many thanks.

My opinion and that of several others is that extending the "partition of trust" among several vendors isn't a bad thing at all.  Of course that is assuming your implementation is solid and well constructed.  For users the first leg of the internet journey is a personal decision because it determines the "who" your ISP sees you connected to.  In some countries it doesn't matter, but for many that is a decision to wrestle with.

Thanks for your input, I was thinking the same way really.

I am having a little trouble getting my head around the concept with regards to routing with the JonDo->AirVPN->TOR-WEB - could you help me out please.

So with the VPN->TOR->WEB setup, my VPN IP is shown as my outside address and then you receive my TOR address for my end of VPN connection.

But with the JonDo->AirVPN->TOR-WEB am I correct saying my outside address is a JonDo IP, then JonDo knows my AirVPN address and then AirVPN knows my TOR address?? Creating 3 layers of security? Also as the AirVPN is the second layer, would traffic passing from JonDo be encrypted by the AirVPN still??

Many thanks

Hi,

JonDo->AirVPN->TOR-WEB = AirVPN outside adress. Airvpn will see jondo ip coming in and will go out on an airvpn ip.

You could add ssh or ssl as well. In that case your isp doesn't recognize the vpn, but instead sees it as regular encrypted traffic.

Regards,

knicker