Not connected, Your IP: 3.236.81.4

Hi,

I'm having trouble with DHT and uTorrent. My test torrent is OpenOffice.

I have a port forwarded on your servers (46555) for uTorrent for both UDP and TCP. Your site's port checker comes back green. But for some reason I cannot get the DHT to properly log in.

For testing purposes I also forwarded 46555 on my local router and disconnected from the VPN. While in this setup I'm able to login to DHT just fine.

Is it possible that the UDP packets aren't being forwarded (in or out or both)?

Thanks

Try a different port and NEVER forward the same port on your router!
Post cmd's route print here, maybe a routing problem.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

• I am having the same problem, since the 10th of Oct. I am NOT computer savvy. Utorrent works fine with VPN off. Also had a few security updates installed through windows on the 9th of Oct. Could it be something in Microsoft security essentials? I almost always connect through Librae or Anodrome. I've been thinking the whole time it was Utorrent, maybe it's not. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello,

can you please publish a magnet link or a link to a torrent file pointing to freely sharable content, so that we can try to reproduce the issue?

Kind regards

@vpn78

Please note that we are not going to test torrents or magnet links pointing to non-freely sharable contents. Please provide a magnet link or a link to a torrent file pointing to freely sharable content.

Kind regards

can you please publish a magnet link or a link to a torrent file pointing to freely sharable content, so that we can try to reproduce the issue?

openoffice is free right?

http://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/5688510/Open_Office_3.2.1_-_[Latest][2010]_-_[GuruFuel]

Hello!

Correct (technically it is open source, not free, and freely redistributable). It is not developed anymore, if you're looking for a free and open source office suite you might like LibreOffice. We'll perform the tests from Librae and Andromedae and update the thread accordingly.

Kind regards

Hi

I was connecting to the Sirius server and it was having that issue for several days. I'm fairly competent with the network side of things now so I thought maybe the UDP packets weren't being relayed (DHT is UDP based).

Gigan3rd, I did try many different ports (both different and same remote/local ports) but it wasn't succeeding. I also know not to port forward the same ports on my local router but I did that for diagnostic reasons (and not while the VPN was running).

Anyway, it may have been a transient issue because things appear to be working fine now. Once again I'm very happy with the AirVPN network.

Thanks!

I spoke too soon.

It looks like at some point in the last 2 days it downloaded something, but now when I add this torrent (http://www.openoffice.org/distribution/p2p/magnet.html) it just says "DHT: waiting to log in" again.

Details:

Server: sirius

Connection: openvpn from the host (not from the router)

Port forwarding remote port: xxxxx (TCP and UDP)

Port forwarding local port: xxxxx [port number deleted for privacy reasons - Staff]

Still having this problem?

At least in rtorrent (for Unix), the "listening port" and the "DHT port" are two separate settings. I have two ports forwarded, and have configured rtorrent to use one for DHT, and the other as "listening", which seems to work.

I'm not an expert, and it might be able to have them share a port too. Pretty sure you have to explicitly configure DHT to use a forwarded port though.

magel1982, that's a good point that I hadn't considered. I've since moved to Linux based server and DHT appears to be working without the port forwarding. At least, I'm not seeing errors or anything in the logs indicating otherwise. Since it would need a separate port I'm not sure how it's working since I have strict rules set up with UFW.