Not connected, Your IP: 54.225.56.41
Sign in to follow this  
Ace3342

Client Log when VPN drops

I've read around some concerns about AirVPN client, stating that when VPN connection drops the Client would not show this up. Basically some people state that it's impossible to understand if the connection has dropped from the client.

I am not concerned about DNS leaks but more about letting my real IP being exposed.

My question is: in case of VPN disconnection (whenever it happens) is this going be logged by the client or not?

Thanks.

I've read around some concerns about AirVPN client, stating that when VPN connection drops the Client would not show this up. Basically some people state that it's impossible to understand if the connection has dropped from the client.

I am not concerned about DNS leaks but more about letting my real IP being exposed.

My question is: in case of VPN disconnection (whenever it happens) is this going be logged by the client or not?

Thanks.

Hello!

Yes, and re-tries to connect, but of course you might prefer to set up your system to prevent any leak in case of unexpected VPN disconnection. There are many guides to do that, on the How-To section and on the forum, from firewall rules and scripts to configure firewalls, to simple 30-seconds-solutions.

If you need some guidance, do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards

Thanks for your answer. Actually my problem is that the PC I use, it's not mine but given to me by my employer. This means, for example, that I have to stick to Windows Firewall and I cannot install Comodo, it would mess up some "corporate" settings.

I saw the tutorial to set-up Windows Firewall, however I am a bit concerned to get into troubles when connecting from the office, which means a direct connection to company's servers.

What are the 30-seconds-solutions you mentioned?

Thanks.

Thanks for your answer. Actually my problem is that the PC I use, it's not mine but given to me by my employer. This means, for example, that I have to stick to Windows Firewall and I cannot install Comodo, it would mess up some "corporate" settings.

I saw the tutorial to set-up Windows Firewall, however I am a bit concerned to get into troubles when connecting from the office, which means a direct connection to company's servers.

What are the 30-seconds-solutions you mentioned?

Thanks.

Hello!

Please see here (whole post, do not stop to first half):

https://airvpn.org/topic/9787-the-pros-and-the-cons/?p=11501

Kind regards