Not connected, Your IP: 3.238.228.237
Sign in to follow this  
Guest summoner23

What are your thoughts on the Proxy.sh situation?

Guest summoner23

I'm not sure if talking about other VPN providers are allowed in here, but this really has to do with all VPN providers. They are saying that all VPN provider monitor traffic in some way or other by law.

https://proxy.sh/panel/announcements.php?id=79

There is a link to their announcement. 

I was hoping that staff for AirVPN could touch base on this with the others in this forum. Because i am thinking about signing up with AirVPN after my year of PIA is up next month.

What are your thoughts on this?

I'm not sure if talking about other VPN providers are allowed in here, but this really has to do with all VPN providers. They are saying that all VPN provider monitor traffic in some way or other by law.

I was hoping that staff for AirVPN could touch base on this with the others in this forum. Because i am thinking about signing up with AirVPN after my year of PIA is up next month.

The AirVPN staff have explained many times in these forums that U.S. law does not apply in other countries, and that AirVPN is not based in the U.S..

The AirVPN staff have also said over and over that they do not log. But of course they could be lying. But I doubt it.

They have also pointed out again and again that if they did respond to a request for information that was not valid in their jurisdiction, they would actually be breaking the law in their jurisdiction.

UPDATE:

Also, I believe that AirVPN staff have made it clear that in cases such as violations of the  European human rights charter (I do not recall the actual name of this), that they would indeed cooperate with proper legal authorities. Would anyone expect (or want?) them to do anything else?

Would you really expect them to refuse to obey a legal injunction once they have fully established its legitimacy in their jurisdiction? Would you expect any other VPN service to? I think many VPN services would not bother to wait for that point to be reached. In fact in the link that you posted they say that they would proceed on their own! I hope (and believe) that AirVPN would insist on a proper legal process.

By the way, because I never doubted that there may be circumstances in which action by AirVPN may be appropriate, I once asked how they would proceed technically in such a situation (since they do not log):

https://airvpn.org/topic/8099-how-would-you-handle-abuse-complaint/

Guest summoner23

The AirVPN staff have explained many times in these forums that U.S. law does not apply in other countries, and that AirVPN is not based in the U.S..

The AirVPN staff have also said over and over that they do not log. But of course they could be lying. But I doubt it.

They have also pointed out again and again that if they did respond to a request for information that was not valid in their jurisdiction, they would actually be breaking the law in their jurisdiction.

Proxy.sh isn't a US based company though either, and that is why i'm asking what their thoughts on this are as proxy.sh is located in "Republic of Seychelles"

I would just like to hear AirVPN's in depth reply to this and find out if they have ever been forced to monitor a server etc